- Despre Noi
- Conferința Științifică
Administrația Națională "Apele Române"
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
World Meteorological Organization
International Association of Hydrogeologists
International Association of Hydrological Sciences
Central and Eastern European Network of Basin Organization
International Network of Basin Organizations
Partner selection notification
The National Institute of Hydrology and Water Management (NIHWM) is selecting a partner to develop, apply, and if accepted, implement a project financed through EEA Grants 2014-2021 Priority Sector "Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low, Carbon Economy", Programme Area 13 "Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation".
The projected aim could be "Reducing vulnerability to floods by non-structural measures in the pilot area".
The project main objectives will be:
- to develop methodologies, models, procedures and systems that will contribute to the mitigation of the effects and vulnerabilities of climate change and extreme events (floods) in the pilot area;
- to analyze the effects of proposed measures and actions for floods mitigation and adaption, focusing on non-structural measures;
- to implement an warning system in the pilot area in order to improve the reaction time and the actions that needs to be taken in case of flash floods in order to reduce the vulnerabilities of the community from the pilot area;
Potential project activities are:
- Identification and mapping of current and future vulnerabilities in the pilot area to floods and flash-floods, taking into account the climate change effects;
- Analysis of measures to reduce vulnerabilities with an accent on non-structural measures, such as natural water retention measures (integration of ecosystem-based solutions as measures for adaptation and mitigation) and improvement of warning system;
- Modeling the effects of the proposed measures in the pilot area (water level and discharge modeling, maximum discharges with different return period taking into account the climate change effects, different scenarios of changes in land use, etc.);
- Elaboration of a methodology as base for the warning system development;
- Improvement of the warning activity – integrating alarm capabilities related to flash-floods through the use of new generation of sensors (IoT sensors network, optical rain gauges, etc.), as a climate proofing infrastructure, in the critical locations from the specific area;
- Dedicated website for improving the online dissemination of current hydro-meteorological threat level status and flash-floods warnings, including functionalities for sending notification for mobile devices in the area;
- Development of an innovative mathematical modeling system for cost-benefit analysis of the proposed measures in the pilot area;
- Assessment and mapping of flood risk (quantitative approach) taking into consideration the proposed measures;
- Elaboration of local action plan taking into account the effects of the adaptation measures proposed with regard to current and future vulnerabilities in the pilot area to floods and flash-floods (risk mapping);
- Awareness raising and knowledge sharing between Romania and Donor Countries of project results (creating a web page dedicated to the project with an interactive interface - displaying maps and information associated with different locations in user-friendly way, etc.).
Because of the complex objectives of our project, one or more partners will be selected to work with us. Our partner(s) should meet at least the following requirements:
- To be an NGO, university, research institute, private company or public institution from one of the donor countries: Norway, Island or Lichtenstein. The partner should submit a presentation of their entity describing its activity, previous projects, employees and competences;
- To have implemented at least one project in the environmental field where they've delivered services like: business analysis, environmental domain consultancy, software development and testing. The partner should submit a presentation of a relevant similar project;
- To have implemented at least one project financed through EEA Grants in one of the 16 member countries from E.U. that receive this type of finance. The partner should submit a presentation of a relevant similar project.
After the selection process, according to the call of projects calendar for Priority Sector "Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low, Carbon Economy", Programme Area 13 "Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation", the applicant and its partner will sign a partnership agreement and will work together to submit the application form for the project.
Expressions of interest will be sent by fax at: +40-21-318 1116 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org till 01.09.2017.
- Draft description of Programme Area 13 "Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation";
- National Institute of Hydrology and Water Management brochure.